How does the Video Contest work?
To participate, entrants are asked to login with their Google account (this is the Youtube account too), to add their video to the contest gallery. According to your choice, they have three possibilities:
- They can upload a video from their desktop files (it will both publish the video on Youtube and on the app galery)
- They can take a vidéo with their webcam
- They can choose between both options
Entrants can participate the contest only once. Double entries are refused with an error message.
On demand, you can also submit your own videos to the public vote. Feel free to contact us!
Entrants can register their participation if the their device is updated (iOS 7/8, Android latest version). Other users can only vote.
Important ! The newest versions of operating systems (iOS8 and Android 4.4/5 ) have a feature for opening webpages via an app (webview) as Facebook or Twitter: it’s impossible to send a file from those web versions. We advise you show your entrants how to proceed.Learn more »
The best solution to increase community engagement!
How are winners drawn?
Several choices are available:
- The public choice: Ask the visitors to vote for the best videos. A visitor can vote only once for an entry, but for as many videos as he wants. If the contest is installed on Facebook, the entrants has to like the Fan Page and accept the application.
- Jury decision: You select a jury that picks the best video. Your contest gallery is still open for visitors, but they can not vote.
- Both of them: Your fans vote for their favourite videos. The jury picks afterwards a winner out of the most popular. The platform does not provide this case in particular, but your jury can make his decision at the end of the contest by choosing one of the most voted videos.
Once the contest is finished you can click on “Winners and Entrants”.
A page appears which shows all the entries (from the most popular to the less popular). Click on the entrants you want to choose as a winner. Open the winners tab and drag and drop the entrant on the gift you want to offer to him.
How to moderate entries?
You can choose to accept or reject entries:
- Accept the entries before they are displayed in the gallery
- Verify the entries after they are posted in the gallery
- Online: If you choose to moderate entries after they are posted, reject or accept them in the “online tab”.
- Waiting: If you prefer to check the entries before they are displayed in the gallery, just see them in this tab
- Abused: Entries that are reported by participants are listed in the “abused tab”. You can find them in the gallery, but they are not any more online.
- Censored: You can find all the entries you rejected in the tab “censored”.
The periodic mode is not is not available with this promotion type.
Where can I spread my contest?
Your Video Contest is instantly available on any mobile device, any Facebook Fan Page or any website thanks to the latest HTML5 web standards. However, take into account:
- Facebook blocks the application for the mobile version with the address provided from Facebook https://facebook.com/websitename/app_XXXXXXXXX”. This is why you should always use our permalink (the one which ends with “xg1.li”) which redirects the visitors automatically to the appropriate version of their device.
- Users on mobile devices older than the versions Android3 and iOS6 are only able to consult and vote on the Video gallery, but not to participate
- Recrut new fans & followers (particularly through to the emphasis of social networks through social opt-in, banner and footer).
- Entertain the fans you already have and develop their engagement.
- Viralize your operations through the sharing options via email and via Facebook or Twitter.
- Get a database of qualified contacts retrievable at any time.
Is my contest compatible with my browser?
To know wether your contest is compatible with your browser, go through our informations about compatibility.
Think about CopyRight
As a reminder, Kontest doesn’t exercise editorial control or review over the content or nature of any contest or of any website, e-mail transmission, newsgroup, or other material created or accessible over or through the contests.
By using Kontest, you release Krash Studio from any and all liability stemming from such cooperation with local, state, federal and relevant country law enforcement officials.